Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Health challenges and spiritual experiences


This is Cameron's letter for today. Between talking to the MTC health office and information from Cameron he's had a fever but it finally broke and he is feeling much better. He is on antibiotics and it seems to be helping. He really hopes he doesn't get delayed but we all know that it's in the Lord's hands and he will leave  when it is the right time

Guten Tag!


So my P-day was switched from Monday to Wednesday so I've had to wait a week and a half for laundry and Emails! I was pulled aside last week by President Trost and he informed me about Grandpa Derrell's passing. Even though I had been expecting the news it still hit me as a surprise and it brought me down. It just so happened that that day we were teaching the plan of salvation to an untersucher and as I was teaching about it and giving my testimony the Spirit gave me a testimony of the truthfulness of what I was saying. I know that Grandpa Derrell is in a better place and I know that he is no longer in any pain.

Last Thursday around seven in the afternoon in the middle of class I noticed some pain, and very quickly it turned into a lot of pain and I had to make a trip to the ER. They did a lot tests and couldn't find anything wrong with me, so they sent me back to the MTC. Something really amazing happened at the ER though; As we were waiting in the lobby in front of us was a young couple. The Woman was crying and looked really pale, but at the time I didn't think much of it. I was lying in the the room and me and my companion Elder Sprunt had been waiting for an hour between tests and the man from the lobby came into our room and asked if we were able to give blessings. We knew they weren't members, he had earrings and she had tattoos on her arms, yet he had humbled himself and came to us in faith asking for a Priesthood blessing. My companion agreed to give the blessing and after a short prayer with me went of to give the blessing, after he left they wheeled me off to a dark room to get an ultrasound. After an hour I returned to the room and Elder Sprunt was waiting for me. The doctor came in and let us know that I was fine for the moment and wasn't in critical condition and so they were going to send me back to the MTC. I was confused and a little angry, but Elder Sprunt said something profound to me, he said "What if the Lord was just putting us in a position where we could give Kelsey a blessing?". then it hit me that before I even felt the pain I had grabbed my vial of oil without thinking of it and it turns out Elder Sprunt needed to use that oil. While I was experiencing this pain, Kelsey's Kidneys were failing and her body was shutting down. I know that the Lord will place us where we can bless other people, I just wish He could have done something else to get me there! On Saturday I returned to the ER for pains even worse than Thursday and long story short I'm almost all better today! The doctor at the MTC is wanting to keep me here another week so they can observe my progress though, so let's hope that doesn't happen! 

Yesterday D. Todd Christofferson Came and talked to us about Trust. There is no one else's trust we should search for or treasure more then the trust of the Lord.

I love you all and I know that my Redeemer lives.     

Elder Brande

Here he is with Elder Williams who was also confined to a wheelchair due to recent surgery. This in front of the Provo Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment