Monday, April 21, 2014

A Spiritual Feast

Guten Tag Ihre,

This week has been a spiritual feast, so much so that my spirit thinks that it has been Thanksgiving all week long! On Dienstag we got to listen to the Apostle Neil L. Andersen speak to us! He spoke on how the Das Buch Mormon is a companion to the Bible, it was real interesting to have an Apostle speak to us in such a personal way. On Saturday our Lehren came in and for the erste time spoke to us auf Englisch! We read out of Mosiah Kapitel 15 bis 16 and really had a strong connection to the spirit as we discussed our Saviour's Atonement and how it was personal. We then watched the video Because of Him and if you haven't seen that video I implore you to look it up right now, even if you have seen watch it again and think of someone with whom you can share it with. Go on I'll wait. Have you seen it yet? Good, now once you wipe away your tears share that video with that person you thought of, I promise that it will touch their hearts and I know that it was the Spirit who brought that person to mind. It is such a powerful message and the Spirit will testify of it's truth to whomever you share it with. Member or non-member they need that message and to know that He lives. I don't want to brag or anything, BUT I did get to listen to President Uchtdorf am Sonnstag as well! He Really brought in the spirit and spoke about how we are sometimes like Peter. Peter, who so strongly testified that Jesus was the Christ and the Son of God, denied knowing Jesus three times. Being stricken with guilt he prayed for forgiveness and on Easter he learned the great truth that we may all know for ourselves, He lives! With that great truth being made known unto him he preached the Gospel without fear, standing up for what he knew to be right even in the face of Death. I know that sharing the Gospel is hard, I have to try each day, In German! Yet I know that God placed people around us for a reason and that you can have an Impact on someone's Eternal Life.
I really absolutely love the German word for Atonement; Suhnopfer (with umlauts over the u). Es Bedeutet Son and Sacrifice which it really was. The Son of God Sacrificed His life so that we could Enjoy Eternal Life with our families. I know that my Redeemer lives! Froh Ostern, Happy Easter Everyone! I love you all!
Elder Brande 

PS. Here is the link to the video he is talking about: www.mormon.org/Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment