Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Learning German and definition of a MOAD

I'm doing well here in the MTC. I'm trying to enjoy my time here.  My German is coming along well.  My Companion, Elder Sprunt is awesome! Everyone in my district is amazing.  We all have so much fun together.

At lunch today, Elder Spencer (his dad served in the Alaska mission too) and I made each other a drink. It was 2% milk and cranberry juice.  It was surprisingly good.  So Elder Spencer and I decided to mix each other's drinks during dinner and not to stop until someone dropped. (Mother aside here: This sounds like a brilliant idea:))  After we each had five of the best and grossest drinks ever, Elder Spencer's miterbeiter,Elder Hall made us a MOAD (Mother Of All Drinks).  Needless to say, it was the one that put us over the edge.

From Day one they overload you with German, and the second day was as long as the first.  I was able to teach my first "investigator" all in German yesterday. I won't be surprised when the investigator turns out to be one of our teachers next week.  I am able to understand people when they speak German.  It's mostly trying to speak it that is giving me problems at the moment.

As you may have noticed - my address has changed slightly so I will be leaving earlier, around May 06

Elder Cameron Brande
May 06  Ger-Fra
2007 N 900 E., Unit 64
Provo, UT 84602

My companion, Elder Sprunt's mom sent him a care package and there was a bag of rice krispie treats she made for me.  How she knew my one true vice, i know not but I can't control myself around those buggers!  So us Germans live on the bottom floor.  We own one half of the hall and the Russians have the other half, so naturally we've formed a friendly rivalry.

Ich weiss das Buch Mormon warh ist. Ich weiss dass Joseph Smith eine Prophet war. Ich weiss dass Thomas S. Monson eine prophet ist.  Ich weiss dasgott unsere beten antwort. Ich weiss dass ich bin einen  representive Jesu Christi. Ich Liebe dich.

Elder Cameron Brande

No comments:

Post a Comment