Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Catching up

It's been a while since an update. We had a wonderful Christmas phone call with Elder Brande. He is focused on the work and loves the area he is in. He said the members in the area are so helpful and always working so hard to help the missionaries. He says he is very well fed. He is in an American area and focused only on serving the military base in the area. His only sadness is that he isn't able to use much German. He and his companion are only to teach the Americans and other Elders are assigned to Germans in the area. He most misses the sun and being warm. I asked him if he missed home and he said that he didn't want me to feel bad but he was focused on his mission and that was really all he could think about. He said it's almost as if life before his mission was a dream and the future seems unreal. All he can see and focus on is his mission. He says that he and his companion are working very hard and he's never been so tired but it was a good tired. He looked so good and happy it was the best Christmas gift a mom could ask for. Here are some excerpts from recent letters:

01/01
It was really cool to see you all and see how different everyone looks. Elder Cole is still sick, the problem is that in Germany medicine is pretty bad, The really potent pain medication they give out is baby Tylenol. I've managed to stay pretty healthy trotzdem but today I started to get a little cold. Yeah the Leach's are pretty awesome. (The Leach's we're their hosts for Christmas and we're kind enough to let him Skype is from their house - so grateful for their care of our son)

Haha Sugar does not look happy at all. (I sent him a picture of our cat in a Santa hat) That skateboard is huge! (Lucas got a ham board for Christmas and it's basically a big land surfboard) I didn't even realize what it was at first, I thought it was a wake board, That thing is almost as big as Luke! Dad looks almost younger with a beard, ya get what i mean?

So I was reading in 1 John 5 today and I thought it was really good, even though it was a little confusing and took me a couple read-throughs to get it all

I love you mom and I hope you have a great new year

Love 

Elder Brande 

12/22

It's strange to think that Christmas is just around the corner, it feels like not to long ago I was with you guys getting ready for Christmas. so on Thursday  I'll be skyping from the Leach's house (the recent convert) our appointment begins at 1800 (local time) but we'll be going one at a time so we're not sure when we will begin skyping or who's going first so maybe I'll call you guys. What skype name will I be calling?  

I'm glad that you were able to have such a wonderful experience with serving with the Temple lights. I miss being able to see all the christmas lights, They don't do that kind of stuff in germany. Christmas is so foreign here and it just doesn't feel like home. But I guess I'm not home :) 

Here's a picture a brother Calder sent us of Elder Brande & Cole. I am so grateful for all those over in Germany who are feeding and taking care of my son. I don't need to worry because I know that they are watching out for Him. 


No comments:

Post a Comment